Thank you to everyone who participated and sent your comments!
1. What technical/blogging information do you need?
- over 50% of you said, “I’m a Geek Wannabe – Teach me!”
- next was “How to do the basics – images, plugins”
- followed closely by “You can do it for me!”
2. How often do you look for help/answers?
- 70% said, “Regularly, I’m a ‘why’ person.”
3. Where do you get your answers?
- Google and Yours Truly were tied for 80% of you (you are such a smart bunch.)
4. How important are the following topics?
- Writing came in surprisingly low in importance to 90% of you! This is probably because you feel somewhat competent in this area already.
- Most important topic to 66% of you was SEO/ Being Seen
- followed closely by how to design, and Pro-Blogging (making money)
- 0% of you thinks that technology news is important!
5. Should I show off the new design?
Only one of you questioned my insatiable desire to get the website ‘right’. I have the nicest clients ever (or we all have the crazy habit of re-arranging our furniture on a regular basis.)
Thank you very much for your feedback. It will indeed shape the future of this blog. I intend to focus on monetizing your websites, maintaining them, and things you need to know – with a big ol’ BUY NOW button for those of you who prefer to outsource your technical support.
If you haven’t received the Press Release Guide & Template, it is now downloadable in the Desperately Seeking WordPress Client Center, along with “How to Build Your Media List”, and “What to do when a reporter calls”. Along this vein, are 5 More Creative Ways to Get Publicity (free for everyone).