Facebook is making the Timeline layout mandatory for all Pages, as well as personal profiles on March 30. That gives us 30 days to come up with something nice for your page. Here are our recommendations – and how to do this yourself:
1. The Cover Photo must be 851 x 315. It must NOT contain:
- price or sale info or advertising copy
- contact information or website
- instructions (click here, or “like”)
- calls to action
2. The About can contain contact information, but it will not take any html, so its plain-jane. Welcome people to your page and let them know what you do.
3. The square thumbnail photos to the right of your About square, are the apps that users can click on to find engage further with your company. Once you have more than 3 you will see a drop-down arrow to the right and you can re-arrange the order of the apps. The only way to add or edit these squares are to add/remove and edit the icons associated with apps.
- pinterest tab
- video/ photo tab
- twitter tab or link
- Likes tab
- Note: you cannot change the photo tab
- and you can have up to 12 favorites
This guide provides the details.