(Originally posted Sept. 2008, edited and updated to appear in your readers again.)
There is a little known, and even lesser used tool in WordPress that comes with every installation – - the Bookmarklet.
Once activated, this looks like another of your bookmarks at the top of your browser or favorites folder. But hiding in that bookmark, is a time-saving auto-posting thing-a-ma-jig.
Activate Press This!
- in your administration panels, in the write post screen, in the sidebar, is a “Shortcuts” paragraph. In there is a link called “Press This”. Follow the instructions: just right click and save as a bookmark. Now, it looks like a bookmark in your list right?
- In older versions of wordpress, I think the link is called “Bookmark it!” and it is located at the bottom of the write post screen.
- This function was removed from version 2.5 and reinstated as “Press This!” in 2.6.
Use Press This!
1. Browse to a blog or website you like.
2. Realize this would appeal to your readers.
3. Click Press This! (in your toolbar).
4. Go to your WordPress website.
5. Publish the new draft waiting for you.
6. Receive praise and adoration from your readers for your thoughtfulness.