Our clients tell us that they’ve seen a rise in PR numbers, and immediate increases in advertising revenue after custom website launches. We are so proud to be a part of their fantastic work! Whether or not increased revenue is part of your mission, meeting your unique goals is what Custom Website Development is all about.
1. Gathering details
We don’t like to begin on a project until we know what the goals are for your company and how the website fits into those goals. This conversation is the most important conversation we will have during the entire project. The information we discuss will help us to form the foundation of our working relationship.
Every development plan will include:
- 1-3 goals for the website
- profile of an ideal reader/visitor
- content architecture and site navigation
- styles to reflect the company’s brand
- budget and timeline
2. Finalize project details
- submit the quote for approval
- Services Contract Signed & Delivered
- 50% deposit received
3. Begin project
- test site will be available for viewing progress and communicating feedback
4. Home page approval
- internally, we create a wireframe, color palette and finally a mockup
- mockup is submitted to you for approval
5. Complete test site
- dummy content will be available for you to test your new site’s functions
- thorough testing of links, images, browsers, and operating systems
- small edits allowed & encouraged
- Every site comes with 17 premium WordPress training videos
- unlimited email support is available for 30 days post launch
- post-launch support includes one month of unlimited email support
- 2 days of post-launch small edits
Frequently Asked Questions
Q. Do you use a framework or will the design be uniquely mine?
The answer to both is yes! The StudioPress Genesis framework provides the basis of all our WordPress themes. The framework is yours and comes with free upgrades for life. The child theme is the custom-part of the framework that we will create for you, and will be available exclusively for you and your site(s). Our code is top quality; we use very few plugins when structuring your site. We follow best practices as outlined here, here and here.
Q. Can I still use whatever plugins I want?
Of course! We know that one of the biggest praises about WordPress are the plugins that you can easily add to your site. And we do our best to reduce any potential for conflicts with plugins. We code according to standards set out here, here and here. It is still a good idea to discuss any desired plugins with us so we can keep your site safe and secure.
Q. Will I be able to add my own content?
Absolutely. One of the benefits of WordPress is the ease of use. We will show you how to use it and send training emails designed for small business owners to develop a useful and profitable website.