How do I pick a WordPress theme?
Important factors to consider:
- Does it need to be custom?
- Custom requires a bigger budget
- with custom work comes consultation, training and experience
Universal principles regardless of platform (WordPress, Blogger, etc)
- Theme needs to be branded. this needs to remind everyone of you – your brand so every time your business is represented online, the same feeling, even subconscious feeling is presented.
- Test by standing back and looking for first impression, without editing your thoughts.
- Call to action. Whats the purpose of your website? Is it phone calls, visits to a shop, emails, clicks, etc.
- Biggest asset for most companies is your relationships. Online the most intimate interactions is via email – use that above the fold on your theme.
Most important thing with a website is a call to action. Its more important than any aesthetic.
Other factors when selecting a theme:
- ease of use
Note: we recommend not altering colors, fonts or any professionally designed elements. Color psychology is so very important as is font pairing – all of this plays into a very intentional and professional design. I can’t stress this enough – use a professional design.
To secure all these factors: call to action, security, longevity and professionalism we recommend Genesis Framework and Child Theme.