Quick tip for my blogging friends – do NOT use your gorgeous photos at the top of your posts. Instead let your readers see (above the fold) what the post is about. This also has the added benefit of letting search engines see too.
Other tips for readability (that search engines love):
- Use headers as headings, not style choices
- Write for readers first, not search engines. SEO is all about how much your readers are engaging with your content: length of time on page and bounce rate.
- Write in small paragraphs 1 – 3 sentences maximum.
- Separate text with blockquotes and tweetables.
- Use bulleted or numbered lists.