5 Steps to Any Sales Funnel
The journey from first-time visitor to loyal customer is called the sales “funnel”.
- Step 1: Set your goal: Figure out what you really want out of this. You don’t want traffic for the sake of having traffic. You want traffic to make more sales or get more clients. What do you want to achieve, and by when?
- Step 2: Set your website up to achieve your goal: Most websites should focus on getting sign ups to an email list. Focus on relationship building and giving the reader what they want. This will be different depending on what you’re trying to sell.
- Step 3: Set your social media profiles up: These should all reflect your website, business, and online persona. Make sure you keep your branding consistent across all profiles.
- Step 4: Tailor your plan to the specific network you’re using: The major social networks each have their own “personality” and there is a way to approach each. Use them the right way and you’ll start to get the highly targeted traffic you need.
- Step 5: Build relationships and make sales: Build relationships through social media, on your website, and through your list and make more sales
The beautiful thing is that if Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, or Pinterest ever go belly up (and even if they all do) your business is totally safe. You’re using these social media sites as a means to an end – getting all the traffic to your own email list will set you up for success forever.