50+ Newsletter Ideas
Use as many or as few of these as appeal to your audience. Be transparent, be authentic – be unique! There are four examples to give you a few ideas of how to use the topics: Flower shop, Cleaning Company, Etsy Jewelry store, and Software Development company.
Example: Flower Shop
Best mother’s day present you ever received
Last day to order flowers for mother’s day
- Opinion piece
Are flowers really the best present?
- Current events
Will presidential race affect flower importing?
- Media coverage
Inform your readers of newspaper articles/features
Mother Daughter flower arranging!
- Event photos/ review
Photos of flower arranging class & results
- Event speech, slide deck, video, MP3
How to video on flower arrangements
Example: Cleaning Company
- Announcements: new event.
Spring cleaning sale
- Calendar of events/ upcoming start dates
Deadlines for upcoming events and sales
- Company goals / mission / values
Our goal is to keep your home chemical & allergen free
- Historical fact
Cleaning has always been done by extended families for new mothers – only recently have we held motherhood to such high standards. Let us help!
- Featured Employee / staff profile
Sarah has been with us for 3 years. She loves to help young moms and senior citizens feel settled and comfortable.
- Featured Customer
Meet Jim. He’s a bachelor who works long hours. We provide him with a cleaning and laundry service so he can enjoy his weekends with his daughter.
Etsy Shop – Jewelry
- New Product
Aren’t these darling? Mother/Daughter infinity symbols.
- Product Review
Sally posted a video of her graduation photo shoot with her new bracelet! View that here!Product Unboxing & delighted customer
- We sent Jenny & Becky our most popular BFF necklaces – have a peak at their reactions!Behind the scenes – creating the product/service
- Another day at the shop! [Sneak Peak inside]
- Behind the scenes – packing / shipping it with love
One of my favorite things – packaging these in our beautiful boxes and wrap!
- Tutorial for Use – screencasting or video
It’s very easy to remove a few links to get the desired size. Have a look here.A Tool to make using your product/service easier
- We love these jewelry display cases from Sylvia’s Etsy Shop: here.
- Industry Tip
Paint the stems of earrings with clear nailpolish to prevent allergic reactions!Product Use case
- Cleaning- company could use this idea to feature the reduction of allergic reactions in one of their clients.
How to Size Online
Adding/Removing Length from bracelets
How to order ring sizeQ & A
- May’s birthstone! Have a look at these adaptations!Top 10 – humorous or educational
- Our most poignant customer requests – get the kleenex!
Example: Online Photography Class
- Insider tips/ insider look
Have a look at this recent grad’s portfolio!Expert Interview
- We let expert photographer, Garry, into our class to get his feedback. Read his thoughts here.Customer Interview
- We interviewed Amy after she purchased to find out why she signed up for this class, and how it has helped her fledgling business.
- Customer Testimonial
We love it when we get unsolicited thanks in the mailbox! Have a look at this sweet card from Daniel.
- Survey / Poll
Complete the one-question form here.Invitation
- Join us for our annual graduation ceremony and rank the graduates latest shots.Request a referral
- If you loved this class as much as we loved teaching it, would you tell a friend by clicking here?
- Special Giveaways & Discounts
If your friend joins with you in February – you both receive half off!Freebies – gift cards, prints, etc
- We love this shot from Tom so much that we created this sweet phone wallpaper for download!
- Social initiatives / giving back
We love teaching photography and we donate our services in the local kids club to encourage an appreciation of the arts and nature.Invite to participate in social initiatives
- Join us this Friday at the Cultural Center as we invite the kids to share their shots!Create a special online community/ club / slack / group
- This year we’ve added an Insider club to the class. Every participant and graduate has access to this incredible resource.
Example: Building Online Software
- Go deeper – promote newer & more exciting offers when they’re ready
Version 2.0 is coming out next month! We can’t wait to give you a sneak peak into all the cool new features!
- Seasonal photos of the work space
Ah spring!! We all had to get outside on the lawn last Friday for a little laptops & sunshine!Regular photos of work in progress
- It’s a lot louder in here than it looks with everyone’s heads down – the tapping of keyboards and constant background noise gets to be loud!Manage change – lots of warning
- With version 2.0 will come a change in pricing – but we thing you’ll like the changes coming.
- Photos and updates from a company mascot or profile
Yes, we made Jim, the owner, get dolled up today! haha
- Thank you’s & appreciation for clients
Congratulations to Lenora who’s been in business for 10 years now! Catch her interview on the blog today!
- Window into company culture
Did you know that we do lunch dates? Each department ‘dates’ another department once a week! Here’s Tanya and Mark at the bagel shop across the street.
- Humour, cartoons, light & personable
Gah! I tried to get a photo of Tanya & Mark but they were too quick! lol
- Collaboration with other industries with similar markets – content from a fresh voice!
Today we have our payroll company being UN-boring! Bring it, guys!!
- Promotions/ ads of complementary industries
If you ever need a task management & collaboration app, these are the guys! We use their app daily and love it!Promote tools that you use
- New! View the resources page on our blog – see all the things that we need to run our business.Personal touch: you like balloons? Cats? Incorporate them!
- Who loves cats?!?!