How to manage WordPress 3.0 Menus
Menus used to be a list of pages – automatically created. NOW, with the advent of WordPress 3.0 and upward you can create menus in a drag-and-drop interface.
- Navigate to Appearance > Menus
- Under “Edit Menus”, select from the drop down or click on “create a new menu”
- Give your menu a name
- Click “create menu”
- Left hand boxes (pages, categories, custom links, etc) contain many options for adding to your menu – just click the checkbox and click “add to menu”
- To create a sub-menu, drag an item to an indented position under another item – the indented item is now a submenu item
- Assign this menu to the head, footer or any other place that is available
- Click on “save menu”
Once you have your menus created, you can also add them to your sidebar, by using the “Custom Menu” widget.
- Just drag the custom menu widget over to the sidebar
- Select the menu from the drop-down option
- Give it a title