WordPress is well known as a great blogging tool that creates beautiful blogs or websites for free.
This sounds great, but what exactly can WordPress do for you?
If you run any type of business, then your website is probably an important part of your business and your business strategy. WordPress allows you to easily create, update and manage your own web presence all by yourself using just an internet browser.
Let’s look at some impressive statistics about WordPress:
Let’s take a closer look at what 60+ million people see in WordPress. What does WordPress offer you that will make it the right online vehicle for setting up your web presence?
Here are just some of the major benefits of WordPress:
If you really want to keep your costs way down, you can get free hosting at WordPress.com. Keep in mind, however, that this option lacks the flexibility of your own hosting and will limit some of the things you can or want to do with your web presence.
2. Lots Of Great Training Available –
WordPress offers many quality tutorials online. The only challenge with this is that you can spend hours on end scouring the net for information. And then of course, there are still all the things that “you don’t know that you don’t know”.
3. Super Easy Installation – Two things you need for a website are a domain name and webhosting. Good hosting companies will also offer applications in your control panel that allow you to install WordPress on your domain with just a few clicks.
4. Website Themes – A theme is basically a web design template which controls the look and feel of your site.
WordPress offers you thousands of free themes to choose from.
Note: Paid themes also usually offer some form of support so consider that when choosing a theme.
5. Functionality – WordPress users benefit from the availability of thousands of WordPress plugins that offer you just about every functionality imaginable.
For example, you can track site visits, fight spam, create contact forms, improve your site security, and many more things. Best of all, most plugins are absolutely free.
6. Open source – Because WordPress is so widely available (free) the number of designers and developers available to you is nearly limitless. (but the quality of work also varies greatly).
7. Self updating – WordPress includes a feature that notifies you if upgrades are available for either the WordPress software or your plug-ins. Many times all you need to do is click for the upgrades to be installed automatically. Again, this means ease of use.
8. Search engine power – WordPress boosts your search engine optimization abilities.
In fact, the top search engines (e.g. Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc.) love WordPress. There are many SEO related plugins available that will increase the power of WordPress even more, and we provide tutorials on the best WordPress SEO plugins to use.
9. Technical support – although WordPress itself does not offer dedicated technical support to users (remember, WordPress is “free”), there are plenty of options available for getting all the WordPress help and support you need.
WordPress.org has a very active forum with users who are willing to help people having problems with the software.
Because millions of people use WordPress the expertise you need is readily available.
10. Secure – although there are the occasional attacks on WordPress there are far more security releases than would ever be possible with a smaller developer base. This huge base of developers and users means a more secure website for you.